Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

An Interview with Kelley Montalvo, Part 1

I had the distinct pleasure last week to conduct an interview with not only one of the best players in SEC softball history, but also one of the best players and ambassadors that the National Pro Fastpitch league has to offer. I’m talking about former Alabama Crimson Tide standout & current Akron Racers star KELLEY MONTALVO!

When I saw that the MTSU Blue Raiders were coming to Monroe to play the Warhawks in a three-game set, I knew I had to at least try to get an interview with Kelley. She’s in her first season as Middle Tennessee’s assistant coach, and the opportunity was too good to pass up!

Try as we might, we never did manage to get an opportunity to do the interview while the Blue Raiders were in town, but just a few days and a text message exchange later, my new favorite interview was done. Monty is a ton of fun and the interview was a blast. Check out part one below and stay tuned for part two tomorrow!

Thanks to Monty for taking time out of her very busy schedule to do this interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment