- Cal star pitcher and slugger and NPF draft pick Jolene Henderson was injured yesterday in the final inning of the 1-0 loss to Oregon State. At this point, the extent of her injury is unknown, but what is known is that it is her left leg that is injured & she was carried off the field and transported away from the stadium. She posted this photo on Instagram earlier that shows her full leg in a cast.
- Last week, Andi Williamson's concussion and injury were mentioned. She was not cleared to play in last week's series against East Carolina, but she was given doctor's clearance to play in the Herd's Wednesday doubleheader @ Ohio. In the two games, both of which Marshall won, Williamson recorded twenty-eight strikeouts in thirteen innings pitched. She only allowed five base runners through the two games, including just two hits.
- Missouri's all-star pitcher Chelsea Thomas recorded her 103rd career victory in the circle at LSU on Friday, making her the winningest pitcher in Mizzou school history. The milestone victory came as Thomas outdueled LSU ace Rachele Fico, giving up two hits and one run while scattering 13 strikeouts across the seven innings.
- With her 4th innning strikeout of Cleveland State's Katelind Phillips on Saturday, Loyola-Chicago's Brittany Gardner became the program's all-time leader in strikeouts. Gardner is just a junior, and added to her mark immediately, recording two more strikeouts in the game. She now has 538 in her career.
- The Florida State Seminoles, thanks to a weekend three-game sweep of Virginia Tech in Hokieland, officially clinched the ACC regular-season title and the #1 overall seed in the conference tournament. The last regular-season conference title for the Seminoles came in 2004. This season, the ACC tournament will take place May 9-11 in Tallahassee.
Photo of the Week:
|Jessica Davis after her walk-off home run to beat Indiana on Sunday.|
Photo cred: Cary Frye via Facebook
Player of the Week:
You can find the poll here. This week's candidates for Player of the Week are: