The Contest: Similar to MLB.com's 'Beat the Streak', the contest is pretty simple. Here's how it will work:
Every day of the NCAA tournament, from the first day of regionals to the last day of the WCWS championship series, you will select one player, from any team, that you believe will get at least one base hit in her game (or games) that day. If your selected player gets a hit that day, you add to your 'streak'. If not, you start back at zero, no matter how long your streak is at that point. Your goal is to have the longest active streak at the end of the Women's College World Series.
- You are trying to assemble a HITTING streak, not a "reaching base" streak. Walks, HBP, and errors do not count towards your streak.
- Your daily pick must be submitted before the day's action commences.
- If your player does not record at least one official at-bat in her game, your streak will not be positively or negatively affected, and you will be allowed to continue the next day.
- Any participant in the contest may be disqualified at any point, according to the discretion of Justin's World administrators.
- If you do not select a player on a given day, your streak will return to zero.
- If you are late getting your pick in on any given day, it will not be counted and your streak will return to zero.
- If more than one person has the longest active streak at the end of the Women's College World Series, an old-school method involving a hat and slips of paper will be used to determine the winner.
- Any questions about the contest may be submitted via private message to the Justin's World Facebook page, and will be answered/addressed publicly on the Justin's World Facebook page.
How to Enter: There are actually a few ways you can enter. You can submit your daily picks via the same method.
- Through Facebook. Send a message or post on the Justin's World FB page wall.
- On Twitter. Tweet to @justfactsmaam
- Via email. You can email your interest and your picks to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prize: Trying to come up with a prize for this contest, I didn't want to go the "conventional" route. Sure, an autographed softball or something along those lines might be cool for some people, but others probably wouldn't care for it. I wanted something original, something that nobody had thought of or done before. And, if I do say so myself, my assistant editor and I did a fantastic job coming up with the reward for the winner of this contest!
The winner of the contest will receive a piece of art.
Yeah, kind of a letdown, eh? What if I told you the piece was signed by Monica Abbott?
Still not worthy of the build-up I just gave it? What if I told you the piece was also DRAWN by Monica herself?
That is correct - the winner of the contest will receive a hand-drawn and signed piece of art, directly from the pen (or other drawing utensil) of the sport's biggest star, Monica Abbott! Pretty cool, huh?
Please let us know ASAP via one of the above methods that you'll be participating, so we can get a feel of how many "players" we'll need to keep up with. The regional round begins on the 16th, so do your research and make sure you get your picks in! Best of luck to all!