- One we missed from a couple of weeks ago... former Texas A&M Aggie Erin Glasco had her high school jersey retired at the end of September.
- Arguably the two greatest pitchers in Florida Gators history, Hannah Rogers and Stacey Nelson, served as dual celebrity "Ms. Two Bits" at this weekend's Florida/LSU football game in the Swamp. Usually dubbed Mr. Two Bits, the tradition began in 1949 and was led by the same man, George Edmondson, until 2008. Beginning last season, former Gator athletes have returned to lead the cheer before home games. Check out a video of the event here.
- Middle Tennessee assistant coach Kelley Montalvo has been placed on suspension by the university following a DUI arrest.
- A new site called "Fastpitch Analytics" has popped up and has already put out some intriguing content. Check it out here.
- Justin's World of Softball is now on Instagram! Find and follow our new account here.
- WORTH READING: Check out Jenny Gilbert's WSN247.com blog post from this week.
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: The Packaged Deal, featuring four of the most renowned coaches in the country, journeyed to Arkansas this weekend. Check out this picture of UCLA great Katie Schroeder talking to the gathered attendees. If you look really closely, you'll see Katie's sister Jen and Amanda Scarborough in the background. The final member of the quartet of coaches, Morgan Stuart, isn't shown.