The selection camp will be held in Irvine, California in January of next year. A roster of seventeen will be formed from the players in camp, and will include the players that put on the red, white, and blue for competition this summer.
Notable newcomers to the tryout list include Annie Aldrete; Ally Carda; Alex Hugo; Sierra Romero; Chelsea Wilkinson; Janie Takeda; and others. Aldrete and Romero were both late additions to the tryout list for this year's team, but both bowed out for various reasons. All three finalists for 2014 Collegiate Player of the Year will be in camp, in Romero, Carda, and the award's eventual winner Lacey Waldrop.
A notable returnee to the tryouts is Aimee Creger. After serving as one of the top pitchers for the national team in 2013, Creger was surprisingly left over this year's roster. A back injury was reportedly to thank for her absence, but it has apparently healed to the point that she'll be able to once-again contend for a spot in the new year.
Lauren Chamberlain also returns. After injuries limited her 2014 collegiate campaign, her summer ended at tryouts. She should be back to mostly-full health and could easily reclaim her spot on the squad. She stands eighteen home runs away from tying Stacey Nuveman's all-time collegiate record, and her performance in USA camp could give a good sign as to whether or not she will challenge for the record during the regular season.
Former Team USA assistant coach Mike White places four of his current & former players on the squad. Alumni and national team vet Jessica Moore is joined by fellow vet Cheridan Hawkins and newcomers Takeda and Janelle Lindvall. Tennessee, Cal, and Arizona all have three current & former players representing their schools on the squad.
Four members of the class of 2012 make up the elder statesmen on the squad- Michelle Moultrie; Sam Fischer; Amanda Chidester; and Valerie Arioto. Aldrete is the youngest, a sophomore.
The team is coached by Ken Eriksen. His assistants are Laura Berg (HC, Oregon State); Lisa Dodd (HC, UNLV); and Howard Dobson (AC, LSU).
The full roster for tryouts includes (* denotes a returnee from the 2014 team):
- Annie Aldrete, Tennessee (SO, C)
- *Valerie Arioto, Cal (’12, IF/P)
- Ally Carda, UCLA (SR, P/IF)
- Lauren Chamberlain, Oklahoma (SR, 1B)
- *Raven Chavanne, Tennessee (’13, IF)
- *Amanda Chidester, Michigan (’12, C/IF)
- Cheyenne Cordes, Cal (SR, IF)
- Aimee Creger, Tulsa (’14, P)
- *Sam Fischer, Loyola Marymount (’12, IF)
- *Kellie Fox, Arizona (SR, IF)
- Amber Freeman, Arizona State (SR, C)
- *Lauren Gibson, Tennessee (’13, IF)
- Chelsea Goodacre, Arizona (SR, C)
- Cheridan Hawkins, Oregon (JR, P)
- *Jolene Henderson, Cal (’13, P)
- *Taylor Hoagland, Texas (’13, IF)
- Nicole Hudson, Missouri (’13, IF/OF)
- Alex Hugo, Georgia (JR, IF)
- Janelle Lindvall, Oregon (JR, C)
- *Destinee Martinez, Oklahoma (’14, OF)
- *Haylie McCleney, Alabama (JR, OF)
- *Jessica Moore, Oregon (’13, P)
- *Michelle Moultrie, Florida (’12, OF)
- *Sara Nevins, South Florida (’14, P)
- *Jess Plaza, Stanford (JR, C)
- Sierra Romero, Michigan (JR, IF)
- *Kelsey Stewart, Florida (JR, IF)
- Janie Takeda, Oregon (SR, OF)
- *Jackie Traina, Alabama (’14, P)
- Lacey Waldrop, Florida State (SR, P)
- Chelsea Wilkinson, Georgia (JR, P)
- *Hallie Wilson, Arizona (SR, UT)