Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Where Are They Now: Chelsea Bramlett

Who is she? Chelsea Bramlett, a former four-time All-American and a Mississippi State Bulldog legend.

What is she known for? Possibly THE very greatest player to suit up for State softball, Bramlett didn't just take home four All-American nods, she earned her way onto the first team in ALL FOUR SEASONS. She also spent some time on Team USA.


Here's a fun fact... Chelsea's favorite food is a Southern classic - chicken tenders! She says she prefers them at any and every restaurant, and selects them over pretty much everything other than steak and Mexican food.

Quotable quotes: "Deciding to not play anymore was one of the hardest decisions I ever made. There are so many times I think about going back, but I honestly love what I do now. Seeing my girls sign to play ball in college and succeed in high school makes it all worth it. If I had to say what one thing I missed the most would be the traveling and seeing new places and getting to wear that USA or Mississippi State jersey. I honestly think I miss Starkville, MS. more than anything and the amazing college town that it is. Overall, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about days when I played and how much I miss it. I used to wonder why so many of these women played until they were 30+ years old, but I totally understand now. It's something that was really hard for me to let go of. I have played baseball and softball since I was 6, so it will always be a huge part of me."

What's she up to now? Now Chelsea Bramlett Malone; after a coaching stint at Briarcrest in Memphis, Chelsea recently moved laterally to Lewisburg High School in Olive Branch, Mississippi. In addition to leading the softball team, Chelsea is the girls health and safety education teacher and the cross country coach at the school. She will coach a 14U team next summer, as well.

Contact information: You can find Chelsea on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment