Since posting the first edition of the 2015 mock draft, several things have changed, including my projections for who will be selected. Here are some of my thoughts on some of the changes and updated predictions, as well as the full draft order.
Chamberlain still goes #1... there's never been a doubt here. The Pride may already have a first baseman, but she should be prepared to lose her starting spot, in all honesty. Shelby Pendley is a solid bet to go #2, as well.
The first major change comes at #4... thanks to the Pride/Charge trade, the league's newest team now possesses both picks #4 & #5. I still think Emilee Koerner of Notre Dame is the Charge's best option for many reasons, and I see her still as that team's first draft choice.
Christina Hamilton makes the biggest jump... Louisiana-Lafayette's Hamilton was a mid-round selection in the first mock draft, but she makes a leap all the way to the first round in this update. Going to the Charge, she would also enjoy the benefits of continuing her career in relatively the same region where she spent her college years.
Other major updates include Audas, Melero, Weiman... in this last update to my mock draft, UCF's Mackenzie Audas' stellar play is rewarded as she moves up to a projected 3rd-round selection... and that may still be shooting her low... Branndi Melero of Auburn has been outshined by a handful of her Auburn teammates (though, the way the Tigers are playing, that's not a knock on her in the least), and while I believe she'll still end up in Florida, I no longer see her as an early-round selection... the new NC State career wins leader Emily Weiman is a sleeper pick this year, and I have her moving up a full round ahead of her place in the first mock.
Three names appear for the first time... You'll notice three names in this edition of the mock draft that did not appear previously... Arizona State outfielder Elizabeth Caparuscio; Ohio State outfielder Taylor Watkins; and Kent State pitcher Emma Johnson are all projected final-round picks in this update.
Full Mock Draft 2.0 Projections: (Name/Position/School)
1. USSSA Pride - Lauren Chamberlain, 1B, Oklahoma
2. USSSA Pride - Shelby Pendley, 3B, Oklahoma
3. Chicago Bandits - Lacey Waldrop, P, Florida State
4. Dallas Charge - Emilee Koerner, OF, Notre Dame
5. Dallas Charge - Christina Hamilton, P, Louisiana-Lafayette
6. Pennsylvania Rebellion - Miranda Kramer, P, Western Kentucky
7. Chicago Bandits - Stephany LaRosa, C, UCLA
8. Pennsylvania Rebellion - Kylee Lahners, UT, Washington
9. Pennsylvania Rebellion - Maddie O'Brien, SS, Florida State
10. Dallas Charge - Kaitlyn Richardson, 3B, Minnesota
11. USSSA Pride - Amber Freeman, C, Arizona State
12. Akron Racers - Shellie Robinson, OF, USC-Upstate
13. Chicago Bandits - Mackenzie Audas, P, UCF
14. Pennsylvania Rebellion - Chelsea Goodacre, C, Arizona
15. Dallas Charge - Haylie Wagner, P, Michigan
16. Dallas Charge - Jordan Wallace, P, Louisiana-Lafayette
17. USSSA Pride - Branndi Melero, OF, Auburn
18. Chicago Bandits - Sammy Marshall, SS, Western Illinois
19. Akron Racers - Paige Wilson, UT, Georgia
20. Pennsylvania Rebellion - Farish Beard, P, South Alabama
21. Dallas Charge - AJ Andrews, OF, LSU
22. Pennsylvania Rebellion - Larissa Franklin, OF, Western Kentucky
23. Akron Racers - Staci Rodriguez, OF, New Mexico State
24. Chicago Bandits - Brenna Moss, OF, Fresno State
25. Pennsylvania Rebellion - Emily Weiman, North Carolina State
26. Dallas Charge - Jordan Strickland, SS, Baylor
27. Dallas Charge - Griffin Joiner, C, Kentucky
28. USSSA Pride - Ally Carda, P, UCLA
29. Chicago Bandits - Elizabeth Caparuscio, OF, Arizona State
30. Akron Racers - Taylor Watkins, OF, Ohio State
31. Pennsylvania Rebellion - Kahley Novak, 2B, UCF
32. Dallas Charge - Morgan Estell, OF, Auburn
33. Dallas Charge - Emma Johnson, P, Kent State