Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Matt Lisle Hired as Menlo College HC

Menlo College (NAIA) has announced that renowned hitting guru & longtime Division I assistant coach Matt Lisle has been hired as the program's head coach.


Graphic from Lisle's website, coachlisle.com
While news at the NAIA level of the game doesn't often extend into our coverage area, Lisle is well-known nationwide for his analysis and expertise on all aspects of the offensive game.

This is Lisle's first head coaching position; he has held various positions as an assistant at Oregon and Santa Clara, among others.

About his new position, Lisle said:
     "My journey in softball has been an incredible one. Being able to have my first coaching job at the University of Oregon the year they win their first ever Pac-12 Championship was beyond "lucky". When I left Oregon my wife and I decided to make a commitment to live in the community that our church, family and friends live in. Over the last 3 years, I've received many big D1 coaching offers but we felt like God was calling us to this community, this place. The prayer over the last 3 seasons has been for a full-time coaching job to open that would allow us to stay here and that we would be patient until then. I had great experiences at Cal State East Bay and Santa Clara University and when Menlo College opened, it was a no-brainer to go after it. I'm beyond grateful for the opportunity to have my own program and I'm very optimistic about where the program is going and my ability to build it into an NAIA national power. I've brought in three great coaches and signed several student-athletes I'm excited about, including a few D1 transfers. I expect us to challenge for a conference title in year one."

Under Lisle's tutelage at Cal State-East Bay in 2014, the Pioneers enjoyed an offensive surge that saw them increase their home run totals by more than 600% in Lisle's first season with the program.


Menlo College went 11-27 last season; Lisle replaces Michell Vlahos at the program's helm.

No comments:

Post a Comment