Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Where Are They Now: Kenya Peters

Who is she? Kenya Peters, a former standout & starting catcher for the Southern Miss Golden Eagles.

What is she known for? Peters was a member of the Lu Harris-Champer-led Women's College World Series-bound 1999 and 2000 Southern Miss teams. She was the starting catcher on the 2000 team, as well as the 2001 team that won back-to-back Conference USA titles.

Here's something interesting... When I asked this question of Kenya when I interviewed her, her answer made me laugh aloud! Her response, verbatim: "I've always wanted to be a secret agent... I may be too old now to venture into that field of work!"

Quotable quote: "You have to have a driven work ethic.  Appreciate every moment, obstacle and challenge and stay humble!  I attended a great institution and had great coaches and teammates.  The sacrifice, determination and camaraderie are experiences and life lessons that I will always remember and cherish."

What's she up to now? Since 2013, Kenya has served as the head coach at North Carolina A&T State University, a Division 1/MEAC school.

Contact information: You can keep up w/ Kenya and the NCAT softball team through the school's athletics Twitter account @ncataggies

No comments:

Post a Comment