Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Where Are They Now: Bree Nasti

Who is she? Breanne "Bree" Nasti, a former offensive stalwart and record holder for the Buffalo Bulls.

(c) Adelphi University Athletics/Used by permission
What is she known for? During her four-year career at UB, Nasti set nearly every major offensive program record, including batting average, hits, home runs, runs, RBI, walks, doubles, and triples. She was a three-time all-region winner and a three-time all-conference selection.

Here's something interesting... In spite of an inability to whistle, Bree is a woman of many talents and ideas. One of the more interesting ones happens to be her annual Halloween costumes. Yes, you read that right. Allow me to let her explain, in her own words: "I love Halloween. I decided last year that I am going to only be Johnny Depp movie characters from now on. Last year, I was Jack Sparrow. This year, Willy Wonka. Next year, maybe Edward Scissorhands."

Quotable quote: When I asked Bree about her career endeavors since her playing days ended, she began with this gem, fitting the very essence of a quotable quote, "My playing career hasn't ended. I play for a living. If I can't enjoy what I'm doing, I have to find something else to do. Sadly, I'm sure there are many who still have a playing career, but the play has ended."

What's she up to now? After post-college coaching stops at Hofstra, St. John's, and Stony Brook, a graduate degree at Fresno State and some incredibly-fun time with the Fresno Grizzlies minor league organization (all of which you'll hear more about in our full-length interview with Nasti on Monday), she landed at Adelphi University, a Division II school in Nassau County, New York, in the fall of 2012 as the program's head coach. In three seasons at the helm of the Panthers, she has posted a 99-61 record. Her 2015 squad advanced to the D2 national championship in Oklahoma City where they were eliminated by eventual-champion North Georgia.

Contact information: You can keep up with Bree on Twitter @AUCoachNasti, as well as the AU team @AdelphiSb.

No comments:

Post a Comment