- UMSL (D2) pitcher Hannah Perryman set the new Division II career strikeouts mark with the 1,540th KO of her career on Sunday.
- UCF head coach Renee Luers-Gillispie collected her 800th career win in a 1-0 victory at UConn on Friday.
- Michigan head coach Carol Hutchins won her 1,458th career game against Indiana on Saturday. With the win, she took sole possession of first place all-time on the Division 1 wins list. Find the full story on the milestone victory here.
- Villanova head coach Maria Dibernardi notched her 800th career victory in a walk-off 8-7 win over St. John's on Saturday.
- LSU-Eunice (NJCAA) head coach Andy Lee won his 500th career game on Tuesday.
- Oklahoma State senior infielder Tiffany Mikkelson set the program's new career home run record with her 33rd career roundtripper.
- Marshall's Kaelynn Greene set the Herd's all-time hits record with her 267th base knock; with the hit, she passed softball legend Rachel Folden for sole possession of the program record.
- North Dakota State first baseman Jackie Stifter set her program's new single-season hit-by-pitch record with her 11th plunking of the year on Sunday.
- Congratulations to this week's members of the No-No Express -
- Michaela Whitney, Creighton (7.0 IP, 11 SO, vs. Seton Hall)
- Whitney Gillespie, Jacksonville State (5.0 IP, 9 SO, vs. Tennessee State)
KELSEY STEWART HIT TRACKER
The Florida Gators' second baseman comes into this season 113 hits away from the career NCAA record. We will track her progress weekly.
|Original photo: Tim Casey / Florida Communications|
UPSET ALERT - Ranked teams that suffered losses this week.
- #1 Florida - Lost to #7 Alabama 2-1; Lost to #7 Alabama 3-0
- #4 Louisiana-Lafayette - Lost to #19 Baylor 2-0
- #5 Oregon - Lost to #18 UCLA 16-6 (5)
- #7 Alabama - Lost to #1 Florida 3-2
- #8 Florida State - Lost to #20 Notre Dame 5-4
- #9 Georgia - Lost to #10 LSU 5-4; Lost to #10 LSU 5-1
- #10 LSU - Lost to #9 Georgia 3-1
- #12 Kentucky - SWEPT by #3 Auburn 9-0, 6-5, 3-1
- #13 Washington - Lost to #17 Arizona 8-4
- #14 Oklahoma - Lost to NR Kansas 5-2
- #15 Missouri - Lost to #7 Alabama 16-2 (5); Lost to #16 Tennessee 7-3
- #16 Tennessee - Lost to #15 Missouri 5-4; Lost to #15 Missouri 7-3
- #17 Arizona - Lost to #13 Washington 6-2
- #18 UCLA - Lost to #5 Oregon 6-5
- #20 Notre Dame - Lost to #8 Florida State 14-5
- #21 Arizona State - Lost to NR California 7-6
- #22 Minnesota - Lost to NR Northwestern 10-2 (5)
- #23 South Florida - Lost to NR Houston 5-2
- #24 Ohio State - Lost to NR Wisconsin 6-5
- #25 Louisville - Lost to NR North Carolina 6-5; Lost to NR North Carolina 8-6
PERFORMANCES OF THE WEEK
- Tiffany Mikkelson, Oklahoma State - En route to the program's new career home run record, Mikkelson and her squad were part of a rare occurence; an offensive onslaught that still came up just short at every turn. Despite the team's 0-4 record on the week, Mikkelson impressed at the plate, hitting .500 with a pair of home runs and eight RBI. She earned five weeks and scored a quartet of times.
- Sydney O'Hara, Syracuse - A weather-shortened weekend series didn't seem to bother O'Hara. In two games (both in sub-45 degree temperatures) against Georgia Tech, the junior hit .556 and was responsible for 2/3 of her team's runs. She knocked the ball over the fence three times, 1/3 of her official at-bats on the weekend, and walked twice.
- Morgan Noad, Coastal Carolina - The Chanticleers' senior slugger is now within one home run of holding her own record, namely the Big South's career home run mark. She hit .583 on the weekend, reaching base seven times on a hit and six times via the base-on-balls. She drove in ten runs and scored six of her own, including three of her own roundtrippers.