Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Where Are They Now: Lauren Lackey

Who is she? Lauren Lackey, a former star outfielder for the South Carolina Gamecocks.

What is she known for? After a solid early career, Lauren's final season was by far her greatest, as she earned Easton all-American honors, as well as being named to the CollegeSportsMadness and an all-region honor. She led her team with a .401 batting average and a full .401/.481/.436 slash line, and was a perfect 11-11 in stolen bases.

(c) South Carolina Athletics
Here's something interesting... Before becoming a star on the softball field, Lauren was many things, among them an actress who tried out for several television commercials, though she claims, "I was not good at it!"

Quotable quote: “My softball career has taught me so much not just about the game, but also about how it applies to life. I have learned to never settle for anything but my best and I have developed a huge sense of dedication, determination, and passion for anything that I encounter in life’s journey. Once your career is over, you really begin to appreciate the life lessons this game has taught you, and I truly enjoy using my experiences as a player to help young athletes understand this as well. I never envisioned my future as a coach, but now being a part of young student athletes who have the same aspirations I once had, has been a true blessing.”

What's she up to now? Now Mrs. Hambright after her wedding in 2014 to a former Oregon Duck baseball player, Lauren returned home to California where she received her Master’s degree in exercise science. Having since developed a passion for working with special-needs children, she plans to work full-time in that area, and shares head coaching duties of the school’s softball program with her husband.

Keep up: You can find Lauren on Twitter @laurenlack4.

No comments:

Post a Comment