Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Road to Baseball Gold --- The Week Before US Trials

The week before US Trials!!

Megan Baltzell w/ USC-Upstate P Lexi Shubert
What an exciting and overwhelming week. During this week, I decided to change up my workout routine and spend this important week before tryouts at my 2nd home; Longwood University. Longwood is a place, for me, where I have no distractions and can really focus on baseball and my workouts. I played an unforgettable four years at Longwood and now I will be the 2nd assistant softball coach! Wouldn't want to start my coaching career anywhere else.

My mindset going into Trials
If you asked most people their mindset going into the biggest tryout of their life, they would say "nervous", "anxious", and "feeling butterflies". But that's not me; I've been training for eight months now and my mindset is I’m Ready! I've trained so hard and nothing except myself will stop me from making this team.

What I expect when I get to Trials
I expect that the tryouts will be a lot of specific position training and live situations. I'm sure we will play a game each day, so I hope to pitch a couple of those days and show off my arm, speed, and accuracy. I can't wait to get on the field and do batting practice and do my favorite thing in the world: Hit Homeruns. For everyone who has ever watched me play, they know that hitting is my strength and I hope the US coaches will see the same. 

Other than making the team as my main goal, I hope to make new friends and learn about their experiences and journeys. I enjoy learning how similar other players are to me but how different their journey was to get where they are.

This Will Be The Best Week Of My Life! I Just Gotta Get There And PLAY MY GAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment