Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Where Are They Now: Caryn Bailey

Who is she? Caryn Bailey, a former outfielder for the Hofstra Pride.

What is she known for? Bailey had a career year in 2015, hitting .386 on the season with sixteen home runs and a .737 slugging percentage. For her efforts that year, she earned first-team all-region and all-conference honors. It was her second all-region and all-CAA nod after earning a nomination to both in her freshman campaign.

Here's something interesting... I'm going to leave it to Caryn to tell possibly the coolest story we've ever told in this series: 

"So my grandpa (I call him Poppy) is probably the coolest person I’ve ever met. He was in the 
Army and served in North Korea, and did some secretive stuff for the government that I’m sure 
he wasn’t supposed to tell me about. But Poppy recently told me he also attended the United States 
National Ice Hockey Team camp and made a friend who was also trying out named Robert Knievel… 
who was later known better by his nickname, “Evel”."

Quotable quote: “Softball has taught me resilience. It’s taught me how to work, fail, evaluate, create a new plan, and get back to work, and I’ve found that to be incredibly valuable.”

What's she up to now? Since graduation, Caryn has worked as an intern on the Olympic Sports Performance staff at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, a strength-and-conditioning-similar role. She will be part of the program for multiple years.

Keep up: You can find Caryn on Twitter @CarynBailey.

2 comments:

  1. Tecademics Review

    Just like in any other endeavor, online marketing requires effort and discipline. Therefore, the issue of procrastination is present in this field as in any human activity. The biggest discovery I've made about overcoming procrastination is that it is not about will power. If you lack will power, you feel that you are weak. No one wants to feel weak. Yet, that's not the cause of procrastination.

    http://energizegreenssupplementreview.com/tecademics-review/

    ReplyDelete