Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Where Are They Now: Jenna Modic

Who is she? Jenna Modic, a former pitcher and infielder for the Pittsburgh Panthers.

Photo: Pitt Athletics Media Relations
What is she known for? Modic spent the first two seasons of her career at Miami (Ohio), earning all-MAC first-team honors in her freshman season. Transferring to Pittsburgh prior to her junior season, Modic was part of the Panthers team that reached the conference championship game and the NCAA tournament. She was twice named an all-ACC selection and earned all-region honors in 2015.

Here's something interesting... Jenna's father, Brett, played college football for Youngstown State.

Quotable quote: "When I look back on my career, I took advantage of the opportunity that I had. I didn't work as hard as I should have at a younger age. I didn't pay attention to the small details like stretching, conditioning, and lifting. I thought of practice as more of a chore then a privilege. If I knew then what I know now, I would have worked hard and enjoyed the opportunity that was placed in front of me. To the next generation, it goes quick. Your career will fly by and I promise you’re going to be looking back saying “where did the time go”. Embrace everything that is thrown at you and always give 100%."

What's she up to now? After graduating from Pittsburgh, Jenna entered the world of sales and presently works in Outside Sales for UniFirst Corporation, a uniform-rental company based in Wilmington, Massachusetts. She also gives lessons, both hitting and pitching, on the side.

Keep up: You can find Jenna on Twitter @jennamodic23.

No comments:

Post a Comment