Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Haley Chambers-Book Will Not Play in the NPF

Haley Chambers-Book
Photo: SIUE Athletics
EDIT 05/29/17 11:41: We received this statement from Chambers-Book in response to a request for comment:

     "I've never been happier with where my life is right now. I finished out my college career on the biggest stage I had set for myself. I accomplished far more than I would have ever dreamt of, and to be drafted was a huge honor and I am incredibly humbled by it, but my heart is with my family and I can't wait to start the next chapter of my life with them."

ORIGINAL STORY:

Former SIU-Edwardsville pitcher Haley Chambers-Book, whose career came to a sudden halt when her team was not selected to the NCAA tournament and had to decline an NISC bid due to finances, announced on Wednesday that her career is done and she will not sign a professional contract.

Chambers-Book, who famously took a year away from the game as she started a family, only to come back better than ever this season, made the announcement via social media that she was electing to "hang up [her] cleats".

The southpaw ended the season with twenty-seven wins, a career-best mark, and set the program pitching strikeouts record with 979. She was the first-ever NPF draftee from SIU-Edwardsville.

Earlier this year, we ran this article on Chambers-Book's career and inspiring comeback story.

No comments:

Post a Comment